Friday, April 20, 2007

spring is almost here


This pic doesn't quite capture it 'cause the room looks way brighter in person. Check out how strongly the light shines on the carpet. It was almost fifty degrees at 7:30am! But one look outside the windows shows the truth about Maine: it's ugly before the beginning of May. I was glad for all the snow we've had because it covered the end of winter bleakness.

On a crafts note: the pillows in the corner were made for this crazy sofa I had in my last house. I bought a Roccoco headboard at a thrift shop and nailed it to a platform. Then I covered the platform with the same fabric as the ones on those pillows. The headboard was almost the same green with a floral design. It was wackier than heck. I never took a picture of it! It was great in theory, lousy in practice.

Note the paint swatches in the other corner. One other thing that doesn't show in the photo is that the room needs a paint job!

No comments: