Friday, April 13, 2007

just one of many heart swatches


This is one of my swatches. I was trying to figure out how to make a nicer looking heart than any pattern I had tried before. This swatch is not "succesful" but I thought I'd put it online so you can see my process. This is not a blocked piece. What a mess, but I sure learned a lot! I finally figured out that hearts look much nicer when you knit them upside down. I'll get a picture of that up soon. I'm nearing the end of making a heathered purple stole with a heart and fagot design.

The hearts are patterned every other row. The fagotting between them is patterned on every row. I just adore fagotting!

I wonder if I'll ever finish the stole. Truth is, I much prefer making swatches and playing around with patterns than making a "product". I've got so many abandoned projects!

No comments: