Tuesday, May 22, 2007

surprise ending

I had finished the folded over flap for the blue bag with violet beads. I was on row 9 of the bag body when I put down the project and started knitting some socks I have been working on. I kept looking at the finished piece of beaded knitting. I made a decision. Fifteen minutes later, here's what I had:

I unravelled the whole thing! And you know what? I felt a sense of relief. I didn't want this project to wind up in the orphan project closet! I had a bad feeling about this little project, a sense that I had put way too much curvature in it and that when I sewed it up it would just look messy. Maybe it would have looked interesting, but I was so unsure about it that I wasn't enjoying knitting it. That's when I know I should stop. Usually, at this point, a project will go into the aforementioned orphan closet and never come out again. But these beads are lovely and I want to use them. Unravelling it felt great. I think I'll make a fairly simple rectangular bag out of them, but first, I'll finish those socks.

2 comments:

Websafe said...

Did you finish the socks yet?

Anonymous said...

Well said.