Monday, May 7, 2007

sashiko

I've been doing Sashiko on and off for years now. I mostly work on small projects. I've made many little drawstring bags as gifts. The largest ambitous project I've done was a large mat in the traditional fan design. Where all the threads come together, one leaves long tails that are braided together at the end. I wish I had a picture; it was beautiful. I gave this to the Abbott of Zen Mountain Monastery when I became a student there. Here's a few projects that I am planning on framing by sandwiching between two pieces of glass:




This last picture shows my chalk grid lines. They just come off with water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these, especially No. 1 and No. 3. They are far superior to the embroidered vest I made in imitation of this style. They would make great tote bags.