Monday, May 7, 2007

old chair day

Yesterday was a weird weather day. When the wind was blowing and the clouds were blocking the sun, it was almost too cold to be outside. As the clouds blew away and the wind died down, it was almost too hot. I decided it was a good day to work on some chairs. Notice I didn't write "restore", for that is decidedly not what I'm planning on doing with them. Messing 'em up might be a better word for it, thus far. Anyway, getting the old paint, dirt and varnish off of them was fun, especially since the neighbor girls decided to join me.


I had already removed a lot of almost black grime from this chair.












<


This chair was a much brighter pink than this picture shows.
















Ashley and Aleesha got pretty competitive about who could take off more paint!

I painted the pink chair's seat bright red at the end of the day. It looked beautiful outisde but my kichen's walls are red and it was just too much red, so as I'm writing this, the paint stripper is hopefully doing it's job getting off the new coat of paint.

No comments: