Saturday, June 9, 2007

getting into glitz


Yes indeed, I am getting into glitz.

I started knitting beaded I-Cord and discovered that it was decidedly NOT FUN. Kept splitting the thread on my 000 needles. I switched to 0's but those were Inox and I must say I dislike them too much to knit with them; ought to give them away. They feel like fingernails on chalk board to me. Yuck!

So, above is my first glitzy necklace. I don't show the ends 'cause I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it off yet. I'd like to put sterling silver endcaps on it if I can find some.

Here's how I made this (it's REALLY EASY!!!): First I strung all the beads (the hardest part!) Then I used a size E crochet hook and made a chain with a bead in every loop. I made about 4 yards. I then folded it in half, put one end on a nail, and twisted it until it started to twist back on itself. That's all.

Forget the I-Cord. With this "mess o' beads" who needs it? You can't see it anyway, so I figure one might as well do it as easily as possible.

Voila!

2 comments:

Websafe said...

Nice mess o' beads. I made a drawing of a string of beads in reaction to it. (See "String of Beads" on my blog.)

Country Mouse said...

That's really pretty Julie. It would sell for sure! How much would you price it at? Just wondering about retailing (You know me).