Thursday, June 21, 2007

ribbon bag

If you look carefully, there's a Swarovski crystal hanging from the top of the bag. I said I was getting into glitz: here's a bit of it. This pouch was made from ribbon, the same ribbon that holds together the necklace I posted a few days ago. Makiing these bags is a lot of fun!

It's funny about crocheting and me. I learned to crochet when I was VERY young. I don't know the names of the stitches or even if I'm doing them correctly. I don't know how to follow a crochet pattern. I've always loved to knit and "hated" to crochet. I'll be honest: I bet the reason I didn't like crocheting is because my mother did it. Yes, it's all psychological. Thankfully, I've gotten over it. For me, crocheting is quite a different experience than knitting: it's more "organic". It's about three dimensionality. I like just making it up as I go along and so, it's pretty relaxing. Not that I don't find knitting relaxing. Knitting is my true love, but right now I'm on a crochet kick.

No comments: