Thursday, July 12, 2007

no crafts for four days!



I brought some knitting but I didn't do any. No, that's not exactly true. I cast on 60 stitches to begin a new pair of socks. That's as far as I got.

I went on my camping trip to the Bay of Fundy National Park in New Brunswick, Canada. It was cold and dreary but we were lucky and the unsettled weather passed us by until after we had packed up our tent and all the gear one has to bring on a camping trip. We did leave a day early. The fog was as thick as it ever gets and there were intense downpours as we drove home.

I like that in Canada, when they tear down an old covered bridge, they put up a new one that looks just like the old one. Very quaint!

We also traveled up to Moncton to see the White Stripes. What a great concert! We felt very old. I dare say we were the oldest people there, hands down. Do we get a medal or an award for being crazy for standing in the front of a crowd of high school kids who have four billion times more energy and don't mind being crammed in like a bunch of sardines? I don't know, but get this: it was worth it. Great concert!

Afterwards, some boys asked us if we had jumper cables and they called Dick (my significant other) "sir".

1 comment:

Websafe said...

Sir sounds better than ma'am. Madame is not bad, but not accurate for those of us who remain unmarried. Maybe Lady, Princess, or best of all, Queen?