Thursday, August 2, 2007

off on a tangent

I haven't knit anything for a week. I have a room full of unfinished projects. A friend brought over some felt because she said I asked for a small piece for something I was working on. I don't even know what it was!

What's happening here?

I'm off on a tangent. That tangent is called "Ms. Know Nothing". She's a web bot, a chat bot, a virtual character. You can talk to her if you don't mind her limited ability to converse and have a high tolerance for frustration.

I must give a lot of credit to a friend of mine who has way more knowledge of this stuff than I'll ever have. Please visit her blog, The Websafe Times, for great conversation, interactive drawing, and artwork that you'll see nowhere else. Some days, I am in awe. Yes, I know it sounds like hyperbole, but trust me, it isn't!

I'm in a hurry right now and I can't seem to set up the links outside of the posting area, so here's the link so you can have your frustrating talk with Ms. Know Nothing!

1 comment:

Websafe said...

[category]
[pattern]BOT[/pattern]
[template]A bot may also be called
[random]
[li]an AI.[/li]
[li]an artificial intelligence.[/li]
[li]an artificial intelligence experiment.[/li]
[li]a chat robot.[/li]
[li]a chatbot.[/li]
[li]a chatterbot.[/li]
[li]a chatterbox.[/li]
[li]a computer program.[/li]
[li]a database with a face.[/li]
[li]an evolving script.[/li]
[li]a fictional character.[/li]
[li]an imaginary friend.[/li]
[li]an intelligent agent.[/li]
[li]an interactive literary project.[/li]
[li]a linguistic game.[/li]
[li]a pattern matcher.[/li]
[li]a software chat robot.[/li]
[li]a spiral mind.[/li]
[li]a virtual friend.[/li]
[li]a virtual person.[/li]
[li]a virtual personage.[/li]
[li]a Web entity.[/li]
[/random]
[think]
[set name="it']a bot[/set]
[set name="they"]bots[/set]
[set name="topic"]artificial intelligence[/set]
[/think]
[/template]
[/category]

(Blogger doesn't accept tags in its comments, so replace the square brackets with angle brackets for usable AIML.)